PopAds.net - The Best Popunder Adnetwork

Pages

R.I.P. Arturo Vega, artistic director for The Ramones



Arturo Vega, the artist behind The Ramones’ iconic logo, has died at the age of 65, according to the San Francisco Bay Guardian.

A native of Mexico, Vega not only served as the band’s artistic director for 22 years, but also opened his home to Joey and Dee Dee during their formative years. Later, he served as the band’s archivist.

News of Vega’s death was announced by Legs McNeil, the author of Please Kill Me: The Uncensored Oral History of Punk, who wrote in a statement, “Sleep gently my dear friend, you were the must optimistic, jubilant and fun pal anyone could wish for. I don’t know what the world will be like without, nor do I want to even imagine it… But I know you will find eternal happiness wherever you end up….I love you Arturo.”

Source:  consequenceofsound.net